– Be introduced to the characteristics of the different climatic zones.
– Establish an understanding of the principles of bioclimatic architecture.
– Study examples of vernacular earth architecture acclimated for environmental comfort.
– Practice methods and use tools of weather analysis, establishing initial design guidelines for different environmental conditions.
– Gain a basic understanding of a few environmental design simulation tools.
– Students will apply the gained theoretical knowledge and practical skills in a design project; a challenge to design examples of innovative earth architecture adapted to the environmental conditions of different regions.
This intensive design workshop aims at providing designers with the knowledge needed to evoke their sensibility to simultaneously design with earth and with climate.
Architects and students of architecture.
Twelve-day course (Sunday holiday); Classes from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
- All classes are held in English.
- A certificate is given at the end of the course.
- For more details, please visit the Auroville Earth Institute website or contact us.