Auroville Green Practices and Auroville Earth Institute(AVEI) brings you a 2-hr webinar with Ar.Satprem Maini, , the UNESCO chair Earthen Architecture. The webinar will be an immersive experience on overview of Arch, Vault and domes, followed by technical aspects in construction supported by various examples around the world.
Summary of the presentation:
- Introduction to arches vaults and domes (AVD)
- Stability notions
- Stability calculations with graphical methods
- Building AVD with CSEB and the Auroville Earth Institute technique
The Auroville Earth Institute attempts to revive these forms, techniques and craftsmen skills with the following aims:
- To increase global awareness of the low-cost, low-carbon possibilities of masonry flooring and roofing.
- To research and develop constructive techniques with the aim to integrate 21st century technologies with age-old building techniques, such as those developed in ancient Egypt or medieval Europe.
- To design large-span structures, with structurally optimized thickness and integrated construction methods.
When is the webinar?
The webinar will be conducted on June 17th, 3:30 PM IST
Who can join the webinar?
The webinar is most beneficial for architects, architectural students, engineers, engineering students, interior designers due to the in-depth details of arch, vault and dome.