Carpentry workshop is developed by Auroville Consulting by partnering with Woodwork, a carpentry unit in Auroville. During the 4-day event the participants will get introduced to the basic methods and techniques along with some advanced skills in order to make their own stool and stuss. The wood that is being used in this workshop is waste wood collected from the trees that fell during the cyclone Thane in 2011. The program will be facilitated by Walter Van Asshe, a woodsmith and a master carpenter by profession.
- What are the basic concepts in carpentry?
- How to use basic carpentry tools?
- How to build basic tools like stool and truss?
- How to use waste wood better?
- Learn the joy of woodwork from an experienced and practising professional.
- Work and stay in the beautiful, quiet world of Auroville.
- Skills learned here can then be used to build simple furniture.
- Learn how to upcycle wood.
- Receive a participation certificate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE WORKSHOP?
Expected participants are professionals, students, and beginners looking to get an introduction into carpentry and woodwork.