The CSEB Masonry course is a practical, hands-on training course for masonry with Compressed Stabilised Earth Blocks (CSEB) and other stabilised earth techniques which have been developed and mastered by the Earth Institute.
The week is predominantly hands-on, with demonstrations and student work on the following topics:
– Stabilised earth technologies
– Tests for mortar – Mortar quality
– Bond patterns for walls
– Stabilised rammed earth foundations
– Building a basement
– Building a plinth beam with U-blocks
– Casting a RCC plinth beam in U-blocks
– Steel preparation for lintels and columns
– Pre-casting various composite lintels
– Building two composite columns of 24 cm diameter
– Building two composite columns of 29 cm diameter
– Ramming stabilised rammed earth walls and building a CSEB wall
– Building a CSEB wall and stabilised earth plaster
– Building arches
– Building a free spanning vault & dome
– Evaluation of mortar test samples
All skill levels are welcome (e.g. engineers, architects, technicians, supervisors, masons, students and laymen).
Six day course; Classes from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
- All classes are held in English.
- Manuals and other training materials are distributed to students.
- A certificate is given at the end of the course.
- For more details, please visit the Auroville Earth Institute website or contact us.