The gradual development of Auroville created a unique environment. For instance, vernacular habitats that have survived the test of time as a response to site, context and climate as well as contemporary buildings with modern technology, design and services. This combination, together with the diversity of experts makes Auroville’s architecture unique in every aspect.
The interaction with each expert creates a fast learning environment that covers theory and a first-hand look into what challenged and inspired them. Participants get an opportunity to ask questions and get involved in discussions. Additionally, the diversity of site visits give participants a rich tapestry of different approaches and styles of building, along with an experience of Auroville, a city with a soul, in development.
Expected participants are professionals, students, homeowners and sustainability enthusiasts seeking an insight into sustainable practices in Auroville in areas such as energy, water and waste management and unique building techniques, materials and designs.
All workshops and events hosted by Auroville Green Practices will follow Tamil Nadu COVID19 protocols and relevant SOPs.
- All participants’ temperatures will be monitored.
- Face masks shall be worn at all times.
- Social distancing shall be respected.
- AGP may require proof of a recent negative COVID-19 PCR test for program admission.
- The internal Auroville guidelines are subject to change at Auroville’s discretion.