The carpentry workshop is developed by Auroville Consulting by partnering with Woodwork, a carpentry unit in Auroville. The 10-day event will introduce participants to advanced methods of carpentry. The program will be facilitated by Walter Van Assche, a wood smith and a master carpenter by profession.
The key takeaway from this workshop will be your own piece of furniture that you designed and created from scratch.
Expected participants are amateur carpenters or anyone with basic skills and knowledge of carpentry.
A group of 6 or more participants may choose a date at their own convenience, informing us at least a week in advance.
Day 1-2: Refresher exercises in basic carpentry
Day 3: Tool sharpening, deeper knowledge, and practice of planing, sanding, and finishing
Day 4: Wood Turning
Day 5: Planning and overall designing of your own piece of furniture. The objective will be to plan something that challenges participants and allows them to practice advanced skills picked up in the workshop
Day 6-10: Participants work on their planned project.
All workshops and events hosted by Auroville Green Practices will follow Tamil Nadu COVID19 protocols and relevant SOPs.
- All participants’ temperatures will be monitored.
- Face masks shall be worn at all times.
- Social distancing shall be respected.
- AGP may require proof of a recent negative COVID-19 PCR test for program admission.
- The internal Auroville guidelines are subject to change at Auroville’s discretion.