The aim of this course will be to inspire you to grow healthy food for yourself and your family at home, whatever your situation. You will learn about and experience all the different things you need to grow your own food – soil, microbes, water, plants, how to deal with insects and pests, and what to do about animals. At the end of the course, you will understand what practical steps you need to take to grow your own food.
The workshop gives you the opportunity to learn:
- What you need to know about nature and natural processes and how to bring them together to grow healthy food that doesn’t hurt the Earth.
- The practical steps you can take to grow this sort of food at home whatever your situation.
- To connect and share with others that have a similar focus on leading a healthy and sustainable life.
What will be the outcome of the workshop?
- Understanding Auroville as a space/community and green practices.
- Understanding healthy and Earth-friendly food growing
- Create practical steps to implement this in your life.
Be amazed by how much fun gardening can be, and feel the pride you can take in sharing healthy food nurtured by your own efforts. Develop your interest in learning about your food choices, and how to have more fresh, healthy food at home. Being healthy is a choice and growing organic food is a fun yet therapeutic way to reach this way of being.
Anyone who is interested in growing their own food can join this workshop.
To get the best out of this workshop all you need is to bring an open heart and a willingness to learn on every level of your being.