When a massage is not possible, an acupressure mat can deliver similar results. And, since bottle caps are made from such a solid and colorful type of plastic, what better way to upcycle them while having fun than to make a foot massage mat?
Disposable plastic bottles and tetra packs are a convenient way to stay hydrated and have a tasty drink, but they have major consequences on the health of our planet. The production and disposal of bottled drinks negatively impacts the Earth’s resources, the size of our landfills, and even the level of water pollution in the fluids you drink every day.
This workshop helps you to not only give a second life to your plastic waste, but also guides you in a creative process wherein you create a wonderfully useful foot massage mat. With basic material, this workshop is accessible to anyone who wants to lead a wasteless conscience life, be it parents, teachers, students, artisans, social workers, and upcycling enthusiasts.
What activities will be involved?
Manipulate pet bottles and tetra pack packaging.
Do you need to have any prior training before the workshop?
No training required but participant will have to cut and prepare Tetra packs sheets prior to workshop and have their list of materials ready.
- +72 Various plastic caps more or less 3 cm of diameter.
- Fishing line 0,80 mm or less but has to be thick enough to stitch with it, without a needle.
- 7 clean tetra packs rectangular 1 liter
- Glue (synthetic rubber based), glue gun (with 1 full glue gun stick) and a stapler
- 1 nail, or puncher from screwdriver set, 1 old cutting board and hammer to punch the holes
- Metal ruler
Upon completion of this workshop you receive a Certificate of Competence from Auroville Upcycling Studio.