This workshop is aimed at deepening the understanding of a sustainably integrated approach to planning, designing and building of human habitats. A series of interactive workshops and site visits based on the broad themes of planning and design, green building material, energy management, integrated water management, waste management and landscaping will be offered.
- How can we design spaces respecting the social and natural environment?
- How can we reduce the energy footprint of a building?
- How can we reduce water consumption and recycle wastewater?
- How can we avoid, reuse and recycle waste?
- How can we improve the quality of life through landscaping?
- Learning cutting-edge approaches from practising professionals
- Getting an opportunity to share and demonstrate leadership through your own experiences
- Interacting with distinguished experts and practitioners
- Experiencing Auroville, a developing city with soul
- Taking back a new paradigm that can open up new opportunities and re-energize your business practice
- Receiving participation certificate
WHO WILL ATTEND THE WORKSHOP
Expected participants are professional architects, engineers and students. Many of them may already have some familiarity with sustainable development and green thinking and are looking for specific and practical examples and techniques to incorporate into their daily practice.