Auroville Retreat and KOFPU bring you a 4-module course on Vegan Raw Food preparation, an art of conscious nourishment. Anandi will guide you in real time, in the preparation of delicious and healthy dishes for you to enjoy.
Anandi started KOFPU (Kottakarai Organic Food Processing Unit) in Auroville over three decades ago, with the aim of promoting organic farming and healthy eating habits. Her approach, carried by enthusiasm, conviction and research, embraces traditional and innovative, eastern and western methods of preserving food in healthy and eco-friendly ways.
Anandi teaches Food Processing and Health Food preparation as livelihood options for rural community members. After training at Spiritual Raw Food in Arizona, she has been following her passion to promote the raw food vegan diet through workshops and catering. She heads the first Auroville Raw Food Center where visitors can see and experience the making of raw foods.
About the workshop
Generally, we approach food for sustenance, taste, or as a way of enjoying life. For some others, food is an expression of love. This workshop provides us an opportunity to consciously explore what we eat and how we eat. It introduces newer dimensions of what food does to us. It helps us explore how the food we eat influences the way we are, look, feel and perceive. What we eat has an influence on how we are to others as well.
Module 1 – Introduction to raw food and making delicious raw food smoothies
Module 2 – Soups and Salads
Module 3 – Juices and wraps
Module 4 – Probiotics
This is an invitation for you
- To open up to a new approach to a healthy diet style; one that handles not only physical health, but forms the basis for emotional, mental and spiritual upliftment.
- To know the benefits of raw food.
- To explore how we can develop the habit of conscious eating – and understand how it impacts us, others and the planet at large.
- To learn how to prepare raw food with ease and simplicity.
- To explore how you can incorporate healthy diet style into your daily living.
Contents of workshop
- Facts about raw food
- How to create a balanced raw food diet style
- Simple and easy preparation of raw food
- Tips on ingredients and how to practice at home
- Information about “Super Foods”
Benefits of Raw Food
- Gives you all the nutrients for balanced health
- Provides you with life energy
- Helps you to remain young, light and flexible
- Increases longevity
- Heals, corrects restores rebalances the physical body
- Contributes to mental health, emotional balance and spiritual upliftment (enhances mental clarity, Sense of oneness; Easy connection with fellow beings; Power of equanimity; Power of living at the moment; Appreciation of nature; Ease and grace of life)
- Ability to be joyful, celebrate and enjoy life to the fullest
Raw food influences us depending on our own individual development and stage in evolution.
Who can attend the workshop?
Anyone can attend the workshop! There is no limit on age, wellness, prior knowledge etc. This workshop is open to all.