This course will be taught in a hands-on format, teaching students step by step how to build their own wind turbine.
– Introduction to wind power generation
– Woodworking & metalworking
– Winding the coils
– Casting the stator coil & rotor magnet disks
– Generator fabrication
– Basic principles of the furling tail system & tower installation
– Assembling & testing of the wind turbine
– Basic principles of the electrical system & battery connection
Some knowledge of electrical required.
Six day course; Classes from 8:30am to 5pm.