You can learn how to identify different properties of earth, lime, how to procure it, prepare it and learn different ways of using it in your building. The interactive sessions will create a fast learning environment that covers theory and practical hands-on sessions. Participants get an opportunity to ask questions and get involved in discussions. Additionally, the diversity of site visits give participants a rich tapestry of different approaches and styles of building, along with an experience of Auroville, a city with a soul, in development.
Expected participants are professionals, students, homeowners, and sustainability enthusiasts seeking insight into sustainable practices in Auroville in areas such as energy, water, and waste management and unique building techniques, materials, and designs.
A group of 8 or more participants may choose a date at their own convenience, informing us at least a week in advance.
All workshops and events hosted by Auroville Green Practices will follow Tamil Nadu COVID19 protocols and relevant SOPs.
- All participants’ temperatures will be monitored.
- Face masks shall be worn at all times.
- Social distancing shall be respected.
- AGP may require proof of a recent negative COVID-19 PCR test for program admission.
- The internal Auroville guidelines are subject to change at Auroville’s discretion.