Webinar: Climate Change Regulation And Offsetting Ethics
We at Auroville Consulting, after years of supporting organisations in achieving their sustainability goals, have prepared a program on the current regulatory and business risks to organisations due to climate change.
In this session participants will be introduced to the concepts of global warming and climate change from an international to local context, introducing concepts, supporting tools and the latest updates in regulations to support any organization with a keen focus on sustainability, prepare for upcoming climate change regulation and achieve net-zero.
The session will use market examples to highlight ethical approaches to topics like offsetting and emissions calculations and how organisations can steer clear of greenwashing and achieve their climate goals in an ethical and socially inclusive way.
With recent developments in Carbon Border taxes applicable from October 1st, 2023 requiring organisations to report on their GHG emissions, we feel export oriented organisations need to make this a top priority.
Worldwide, there is an increasing commitment to decarbonise the economy; this is accompanied by a shift towards renewable energy sources. As the prices of renewable energy, in particular wind and solar continue to drop, industries will benefit from cost-savings and GHG-emission-reduction and stay more competitive in the global value chain.
Tamil Nadu is one of the most industrialized states in India. As Tamil Nadu aspires to be a leading export state in India at a time when more countries are proposing Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) decarbonisation will become imperative to stay completive. CBAM will put restrictions at the borders on goods produced with carbon and Greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) (CBAM 2021). For the exported goods from Tamil Nadu to be regulations proof it is important to decarbonise their production.
The workshop will benefit industries who are supplying to larger organisations or exporting to international clients. The workshop will also share resources which can guide companies looking to improve their environmental performance.
- Understand the history of climate change and how international and national climate change commitments affect policies and regulation.
- Understand the global trend toward decarbonisation and its impact on industry.
- Gain insights into the current policy and regulatory hurdles for industries due to international climate change targets.
- Simple next steps for industries to understand their emissions and decarbonise their activities.
- Understand how to identify and invest in high quality offsetting projects that are developing impact on ground.
- Current status of climate change policies
- Brief on international climate change policy
- Introduction to CBAM
- Latest updates on CBAM regulation
- Case study on impacts of CBAM
- Next steps for industries
- Emissions Offsetting regulations
- India’s carbon trading platform
- Q&A session
Start time: 03:00 PM (IST)
Duration: 60 minutes + 15 minute Q&A